Thursday, April 3, 2008

Up Date

It has been a while since I have been able to post an update and even this will be very brief. We are having a wonderful time with my dad here. I have many great stories and photos to post. Can't wait to get them up.

Currently we are in temporary living quarters and will be back in our apartment on April 12. A little oversight on the part of the agency we rented our apartment from. They failed to tell us that we would need to leave our apartment for two weeks during the world's largest jewelery show that takes place in Basel every year at this time. Our accommodations provided by the leasing company are economy to put it nicely. Did I not know and believe that God is in control of ALL things the situation would be worse. But knowing that, I know that He has given us an opportunity to show the love of the ONE TRUE GOD to our Hindu neighbors! They make being here purposeful. And they are the best cooks!! They cooked Indian food for us Tuesday night and we made Southern food for them Wednesday night-beans, rice, fried cornbread, fried potatoes and baked apples. Can't get much more Southern than that !

One morning we made biscuits and gravy for ourselves and Su mah, a young Indian woman. The rest of the Indian men are teasing her that she will return to India making Southern food for her new husband! She has only been married six months. I have lots of great pictures.

At the moment I am sitting in the stairwell- it is the only place I have an internet connection. The connection is too slow to get pictures up but I will do so a.s.a.p. My dad and Dayton leave Monday to return to the states. Please pray for their safe and unhindered travel.

1 comment:

Miss Ladelle said...

Well, I can't tell you how great it is to hear from you again. Looks like you're gettin to put your faith into action - good thing. We all need to do that more. Will pray for travel mercies for your father and son and also a good remove for you all on the 12th. God is Good!!! All the Time. Love you guys.

Miss Ladelle