Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It Will Be Fine...


Moving a family of eight to Switzerland for several months is no small task and cannot be considered without some amount of caution. My first indication this was a God ordained move was when I heard myself telling my husband, " I am not sure how it will work, but it will be fine. We can do it."

"It will be fine," is one of my favorite phrases. I really mean it when I say it. It, whatever "it" may be, is always fine. The Lord in His sovereignty sees to it. He IS Lord of all. There was a time in my life when "it" was my critically ill child. Although we walked through many troubling times over a seven year period, that little boy is now 21. It was fine. It just took awhile. The Lord never left our sides. He promises He won't and He keeps His Word, every Word. Through six children and 22 years of marriage and the 42 years of my life, "it" has always been fine.
When my heart has been broken and the worst case scenario has happened, it doesn't feel fine. The Lord then sends His Comforter, the Holy Spirit. "I will be with you," is whispered into my broken heart.
" Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; .... Fear not, for I am with you; " Isaiah 43:1-5 NKJV

Allow the Comforter to come and give the gift of peace through the momentary trials and the ones that require endurance. Determine within your self, make it unshakable in your spirit that He truly is the Lord of All and you are His! Practice during the everyday trials making Him Lord and releasing "it" to Him. Seeing your Lord move in the little "its" will build faith for the times that seem to cause your foundation to tremble.

Be encouraged this day and every day knowing "it" will be fine.
Definition: know /noʊ/ 1.to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully. 2 to have established or fixed in the mind or memory:

1 comment:

S said...

The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.” ~Exodus 33:14