Thursday, May 22, 2008

Claremore: Settling In


Today marks the one week point since our return to Oklahoma. It has taken me, as well as the children, a few days to adjust, but I am glad to be home and sleeping in my comfortable bed. For a day or two I felt like I was in someone else's house. Couldn't remember where I had left certain things. Couldn't figure out where I was when I would awake each morning. And the confusion when I would wake up to barking dogs rather than noisy trams was very odd. All that has passed now.


It is wonderful to hear the birds and watch the horses running in the morning sunshine. AND shopping at Sam's Club again was so fun! The man who works at the flat bed checkout and the customer service lady were glad to see us again. Several employees asked where we had been. It was a nice reunion. Getting behind the wheel was strange after four months of trains and trams. It is so much easier transporting groceries in the back of the Yukon than it was in my bright pink shopping trolley and children carrying multiple shopping bags through Basel.


Our flights home ran all ran on schedule. No problems at all! We were so surprised to be greeted at the airport by our fellowship group bearing balloons and silly string. Good friends!


Basel was a very good home to us for the time we were there. Some things I really miss are fresh bread, our friends, and walking along the river.


Almost everything is unpacked and put away. The boys are back to fishing at the lake, camping outside, and lawn work. Olivia has her playhouse all cleaned up and ready for guests. And I am beginning to think about school plans and other projects that need tending.


One last note: doing laundry whenever I want is not as exciting as I thought it would be. The four flights of stairs and assigned laundry days weren't so bad after a little adjustment.




No comments: